Keeping entire rows aligned based on data in left columns Excel 2003

Kimber33

Hi, I have tried searching for this answer on google but can not find a solution. I think this is mainly because I am having problems using to right words to explain my problem.

Anyway, my problem is this, I have a spreadsheet that imports data from cell F7 to F998 (these are 6 digit numbers) columns B, D, H and J use vlookup using that the value in F to populate data from another spreadsheet. In columns L:Y there is manually input data (single numbers) All columns B:Y have auto filters applied (which helped keep the data in the rows aligned before)

If the imported data contains blank rows then Excel is currently deleting the cells in column F in which columns B,D,H and J react and change accordingly. In Columns L:Y (which contain the manually input data) the rows are not deleted which results in every time the imported data is refreshed, the data in L:Y becomes misaligned with the data in B D H and J.

Is there a way (Settings or VBA) to get excel to delete the entire row if the data in B,D,H and J is blank? (really only needs to check if column B is blank)

the spreadsheet contains staff names, teams and employee numbers (imported data) and their skill sets are marked with a 3 if they are skilled in that area, left blank if not (manually input data) so the data in all columns need to be locked together, so that if a person is removed from the imported data, then the entire row will be deleted, if a new person is added then a new row will be inserted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back