Keeping one userform on top of another on a 64 bit machine.

chazrab

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Userform 1 has a button which opens Userform2, which automatically displays in front of Userform1. Of course, both properties are set to Showmodal = True.
i want to be able to interact with Userform1 in the background, then return back to Userform2 which still remains on top of Userform1 and interact with it as well - i.e., back and forth.
I copied this code from the web and checked it to make sure it was copied correctly, and put it in the General Declarations at the top section of the Userform1(form in the background - behind Userform2).
Code:
#If VBA7 Then
    Dim mhwndForm As LongPtr  'The userform's window handle
    Private Declare PtrSafe Function FindWindowA Lib "user32" (ByVal lpClassName As String, ByVal lpWindowName As String) As LongPtr
    #If Win64 Then
        Private Declare PtrSafe Function SetWindowLongA Lib "user32" Alias "SetWindowLongPtrA" (ByVal Hwnd As LongPtr, ByVal nIndex As Long, ByVal dwNewLong As LongPtr) As LongPtr
    #Else
        Private Declare PtrSafe Function SetWindowLongA Lib "user32" (ByVal Hwnd As LongPtr, ByVal nIndex As Long, ByVal dwNewLong As LongPtr) As LongPtr
    #End If
    Private Declare PtrSafe Function SetForegroundWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal Hwnd As LongPtr) As Long
#Else
    Dim mhwndForm As Long  'The userform's window handle
    Private Declare Function FindWindowA Lib "user32" (ByVal lpClassName As String, ByVal lpWindowName As String) As Long
    Private Declare Function SetWindowLongA Lib "user32" (ByVal Hwnd As Long, ByVal nIndex As Long, ByVal dwNewLong As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function SetForegroundWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal Hwnd As Long) As Long
#End If
Const GWL_HWNDPARENT As Long = -8
It does not work. My question is, is there any additional code I may be leaving out or that's missing from Userform1 or Userform2
that will allow this to work correctly?
I know this has been done successfully.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.
cr

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtsheetz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back