keeping the same range for conditional formatting when deleting cell contents

D_Holmes

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I am having an issue with conditional formatting. I want to delete all of the contents of a cell, but I want to keep the conditional formatting within those cells. Is it possible to do so?

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Conditional formatting rules are unaffected when you delete the contents of a cell.

Do you mean something like that conditional formatting turns a cell yellow, and now you want to delete the contents and have the cell stay yellow? That would require VBA.

Please describe the issue in greater detail.

Upvote 0
Thank you for
Conditional formatting rules are unaffected when you delete the contents of a cell.

Do you mean something like that conditional formatting turns a cell yellow, and now you want to delete the contents and have the cell stay yellow? That would require VBA.

Please describe the issue in greater detail.
Thank you for responding. I am actually writing a VBA code that delete a range of cells. However, when the range of cells gets deleted, the conditional formatting that is associated with those cells move to a new range. I simply want to be able to remove the values in the cell so that the rest of the formula can repopulate that same range with new data, but I want the conditional formatting to stay the same.

Please let me know if that makes sense or if you need me to further elucidate.

Upvote 0
Please show the VBA code that you are talking about. Your description could mean more than one thing.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back