Keyboard locked after shortcuts

Starrbuckk

Hi,

I've been having a problem for a while throughout on different laptops (HP, Asus, Lenovo) and never seem to find a solution for it.
What happens is that after a while working on excel, when i issue a keyboard shortcut like paint a cell, turn text bold, copy paste, freeze panes, etc... excel stops accepting keyboard inputs except F1 (Help) and F6 (Dont know what it is). If i press one of these 2 then excel unlocks and starts accepting other keyboard inputs, otherwise i have to switch between applications or another open excel workbook to temporarily solve the issue.
The problem is that after it starts... it happens every time i use a keyboard shortcut, becoming a frustration to work.
I saw some posts about this problem from some time ago but never a solution.
I'm new to diagnostics so if you want me to give you something please do write the instructions on how i can obtain the information you need.

Thank you all in advance.

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
What add-ins do you have installed? If you open Excel in safe mode by holding down the Ctrl key while starting the application, does the problem persist?

Upvote 0
What add-ins do you have installed? If you open Excel in safe mode by holding down the Ctrl key while starting the application, does the problem persist?

I don't have any add-ins installed. I will have to test in safe mode, but something new is ocurring now.
The original problem appears after using excel for a while, like 30 min if i have a lot of heavy files opened or longer if the files are light. Now i have the problem as soon as i open excel but with a different behaviour. It still locks my keyboard from functioning but now lets me select a cell using the touchpad which in turn unlocks the keyboard, and before, with the original, i had to switch between 2 excel workbooks, now i can switch between any open application and it starts working again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back