Keyboard shortcut to bring up the zoom menu?

alexcr

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I always used to "Alt+V, Z" to bring up the zoom menu, but at some point in the past couple years, I think, it has stopped working.

Have others noticed this, or is it just me? Is there any way to bring it back? And, if not, what keyboard shortcut are folks now using to bring up the zoom menu?

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
"Alt+V, Z" to bring up the zoom menu
That works for me, as does Alt+W, Q

If still no luck just press just the Alt key and see what letter for the View menu:

1649916770177.png

Then press Alt+that letter (W for me) and check for the Zoom letter (Q for me)

1649916893170.png

Upvote 0
"Alt+V, Z" to bring up the zoom menu
That works for me, as does Alt+W, Q

Thanks! I played around with this and figured out what the issue is. Instead of "Alt+V, Z", which used to work for me, I now need to adjust this to "Alt, V, Z".

I think this has to do with how I have Parallels set up. (I use the Windows version of Excel on a MacBook Pro via Parallels.)

Upvote 0
Glad you have it resolved. Thanks for letting us know.

I use the Windows version of Excel on a MacBook Pro via Parallels.
Perhaps you should provide that information any time that you ask a question here as helpers would not be expecting that from looking at the available information. ;)

1649917519119.png

Upvote 0
Perhaps you should provide that information any time that you ask a question here as helpers would not be expecting that from looking at the available information. ;)

View attachment 62451

Hm. I looked to make that change to my profile, but there doesn't seem to be an option for indicating that you're using virtualization software, like Parallels, and I figure that Windows 365 is the most accurate option available for my setup.

Upvote 0
Yes, I think your profile is fine, and you are right that there is no such option there. You would need to include the extra information within the the initial post of any new thread you start.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back