KMO and Barlett's test

sa7toot

Hi all,

Is there a function or a macro that can help in calculating the Kaiser-Meyer-Olkin (KMO) Measure Of Sampling Adequacy and Barlett’s Test? I am using MS Excel 2007

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
No, there isn't an Excel function that can do this.
Factor Analysis is difficult in Excel, you would be better off using a Statistics Programme - for example SPSS or Stata however this type of Software is very expensive if you are not a professional user.
R is worth trying for this sort of application and is free.

Upvote 0
Thanks Ben,

I am already using pspp which is a mimic of spss and i have smartpls. But they don't provide calculation to KMO. How is it done in smartPls or spss?

Upvote 0
I haven't got any suitable data to create output from SPSS that I can post but here's what you do to get it:
Run Factor Analysis (Analyze>Dimension Reduction>Factor) and check the box for”KMO and Bartlett’s test of sphericity.” If you want the MSA (measure of sampling adequacy) for individual variables, check the “anti-image” box. An anti-image box will show with the MSAs listed in the diagonals.
The test can also be run by specifying KMO in the Factor Analysis command. The KMO statistic is found in the “KMO and Bartlett’s Test” table of the Factor output.
This is what SPSS Help says under Factor Analysis Scores:
Bartlett Scores. A method of estimating factor score coefficients. The scores that are produced have a mean of 0. The sum of squares of the unique factors over the range of variables is minimized.

Upvote 0
Thank you Ben,

I will check if these functionalities are available in PSPP, which is an open source project replicating SPSS.

Regards
Sa7toot

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back