labels and text boxes move during printing

miconian

I have a bunch of labels and text boxes in Row 1. I have them locked so they do not move when columns are resized. But when the worksheet is printed, they get all jumbled up...not just on the printed page, but in the actual worksheet as well. What can I do to prevent this?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Oddly (?), if I just select a print area from within the other rows, and print that, there isn't a problem...

Upvote 0
Maybe I need to anchor all the text boxes and labels to a form? But it would have to be a form that was always present, even when data was being entered into other parts of the worksheet (i.e. it would have to be non-modal). Is that possible?

Upvote 0
Other than the link Kristy provided, I know of no other solution. So my addition to this thread will be shaped as a question then.

To someone with Excel v11 (2003): Does this also happen in said version?

I only have 2000 and 2002 to test. So I'm curious if this was fixed in 2003 or not. Just curious mainly. :)

Upvote 0
Von Pookie, thanks for the referal, but it doesn't help. I don't have service pack 3 installed, and I have to have my controls set to 'don't move or size with cells,' because the users often resize the columns and that in itself causes essentially the same problem.

Upvote 0
I found that when you associate all the affected items together as a 'group' it pretty much takes care of the problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back