LAMBDA sub-forum for new users

tboulden

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hey all,

I've been fiddling with LAMBDA and posted some items to the Excel General discussion board (see links below); I'd love to put them up for discussion here, but the LAMBDA forum restricts posting for users with fewer than 50 posts (I joined specifically to discuss and learn more about LAMBDA functions). Where should I discuss these below? Thanks!

Unpacking LET function - takes a LET function and creates traditional formula by naive replacement of var names with their definitions

Legacy EVALUATE available in a sheet via LAMBDA - especially interested to see what the aficionados here make of it, and other potential uses.

TB

Mark - yes, it should. The Lambda forum has the same restriction as the Excel Articles forum has.
However, this is to avoid obvious spam and posts coming from the new members who don't know where to post exactly (you know, we even have new members are asking their questions in the Test forum), and this particular situation is one of the rare ones that we can handle easily. So, please let me jump to the next paragraph to help @tboulden.

@tboulden, Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!
I just granted you access to the Excel Lambda Functions forum. So, you can now post your Lambda functions to the forum.
Please note it is not a question forum, but a forum to submit working Lambda functions. However, it is perfectly fine to discuss the function in the following posts.
Please also note that we can't attach workbooks in the posts on the board, but we use XL2BB to post mini-sheets. I recommend using XL2BB. If you can't install the add-in and post the sample range, then we will likely do it by editing your function post.
We are trying to maintain a certain structure in the original posts, the first post that you will be introducing your Lambda function. I suggest taking a quick look at the existing posts in the forum before creating your entry (see my latest SLUGIFY.PLUS function as an example), and please let me know if you have any questions about posting your own thread.

PS: I am, and also @MARK858 as far as I know, very interested in Lambda functions even I am more of a VBA person. So I am looking forward to testing your Lambda function.

Last edited:
Mark - yes, it should. The Lambda forum has the same restriction as the Excel Articles forum has.
However, this is to avoid obvious spam and posts coming from the new members who don't know where to post exactly (you know, we even have new members are asking their questions in the Test forum), and this particular situation is one of the rare ones that we can handle easily. So, please let me jump to the next paragraph to help @tboulden.

@tboulden, Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!
I just granted you access to the Excel Lambda Functions forum. So, you can now post your Lambda functions to the forum.
Please note it is not a question forum, but a forum to submit working Lambda functions. However, it is perfectly fine to discuss the function in the following posts.
Please also note that we can't attach workbooks in the posts on the board, but we use XL2BB to post mini-sheets. I recommend using XL2BB. If you can't install the add-in and post the sample range, then we will likely do it by editing your function post.
We are trying to maintain a certain structure in the original posts, the first post that you will be introducing your Lambda function. I suggest taking a quick look at the existing posts in the forum before creating your entry (see my latest SLUGIFY.PLUS function as an example), and please let me know if you have any questions about posting your own thread.

PS: I am, and also @MARK858 as far as I know, very interested in Lambda functions even I am more of a VBA person. So I am looking forward to testing your Lambda function.
Thanks! I'll review XL2BB and the last couple posts and see if I can't put together something similar showcasing what I worked on for the links I provided. Much appreciated!

How do I get the privileges to post LAMBDA functions to the LAMBDA functions forum?

@schardt679 - Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

I saw your question in the other Lambda function thread and already granted your account to post in the Lambda functions forum.

Please make sure reading the instructions in the post#3 above since we have some structural rules to post in the Lambda forum and let me know if you have any questions or difficulties.

Thanks for considering to share your Lambda functions with us!

@schardt679 - Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

I saw your question in the other Lambda function thread and already granted your account to post in the Lambda functions forum.

Please make sure reading the instructions in the post#3 above since we have some structural rules to post in the Lambda forum and let me know if you have any questions or difficulties.

Thanks for considering to share your Lambda functions with us!
Sorry for posting it as a reply. I didn't find this thread until after. Thanks for the privileges. I will install XL2BB. I have quite a few functions I am working on. Some are variations to Rico's and Xlambda's, some are improvements to functions on Exceljet, and some are my own creations.

Sorry for posting it as a reply. I didn't find this thread until after. Thanks for the privileges. I will install XL2BB. I have quite a few functions I am working on. Some are variations to Rico's and Xlambda's, some are improvements to functions on Exceljet, and some are my own creations.
No problem at all. Please let me know if you have any difficulties.

Great! We are all looking forward to seeing the new Lambda implementations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back