Large data computation

DSNTNOENUF

I use formulas such as vlookup or fuzzyvlookup in excel to compare two sets of data. Often times the information that I am comparing is vast and I frequently encounter not responding errors and system resource limitations that simply stop my production. The work around to-date is that I have to manually auto fill about a hundred rows at a time which can sometimes take me days to complete before I can evaluate. Is their a macro or precursor that I can use that will look to fulfill the operation in the current cell being evaluated and then move onto the next and the next until the whole thing has been evaluated to cut down on the total CPU usage that is grinding me to a halt?

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
I did eventually figure this out. I used a macro and relative reference to conduct the operation once and then set up to run again. I have to push a macro inserted button but it does run concurrently and not simultaneously. Very slick and no longer bogs down my operations.

Upvote 0
As an alternative, have you tried setting Calculation to manual until you have finished inputting data?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back