Srushbri

hi,

I currently have a growing excel sheet. I copy/paste daily information and use it to feed into multiple pivot tables.

My concern is that the spreadsheet is growing and constantly causing issues. I have to do a lot just to maintain the spreadsheet. At this moment we cannot import data from the sourse.

Is there a way to create a second spreadsheet with the raw data and simply feed the raw data into another spreadsheet with just pivote tables? If it is possible, will this cause more issues? I am open to trying any other form that might work (eg. Access).

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
yes, if your data is getting large, use Access.
I've put 2 million records into a database. But there, pivot tables are called Crosstab queries, and are a little different. Not as robust but can do 2D pivots.

Upvote 0
You can have a Pivot Table reference an external source, like a text file or Access database, instead of importing all that into Excel.
Append the text file with the additional data or go with the Access file (Access gives you some tools for handling the append process.)
I think this imposes some of the limitations of using OLAP data for a Pivot table, but would be more than Cross-Tab queries.

(Access can handle some reporting that may fit your needs perfectly, but if know Pivot Tables no learning curve there. Using Access would offer a learning opportunity for reporting in Access that would not interfere with Pivot table.)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattDRT

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back