Large IF Statement with multiple logical test

ccamp88

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I am having a hard time with continuing to add onto this formula with multiple logical test. In my screenshot attached you will see in Cell M5 I have the following IF statement:
IF(OR(C5="General Surgery Volume",C5="GYN Volume"),IF(AND(L5>=0,L5<3),"<3",IF(AND(L5>=3,L5<6),"3 - 5",IF(AND(L5>=6,L5<11),"6 - 10",IF(AND(L5>=11,L5<15),"11 - 14",IF(L5>=15,"15+",""))))))

Which works perfectly if anything in Column C is General Surgery Volume or GYN volume. My question is how to I add onto this formula where as if something in column C is Ortho Volume or Cardiology volume it will return a different value? Below I have posted the IF statement that would apply to Ortho or Cardiology volume:
IF(OR(C5="Ortho Volume",C5="Cardiology Volume"),IF(AND(L5>=0,L5<5),"<5",IF(AND(L5>=5,L5<11),"5 - 10",IF(AND(L5>=11,L5<16),"11 - 15",IF(AND(L5>=16,L5<21),"16 - 20",IF(L5>=21,"21+",""))))))

my question is how do I combine these two statement together without it producing an error? If these statements are run separately I have no problem but whenever I go to combine them so that the value is dictated based on what column C is show I get a formula error. Please help I am having such a hard time finding a solution for this

Attachments

• IF Statement question.png
    IF Statement question.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 8
Eric, when I copy the data to my sheet, I get "3-5" captured in the date format as 3/5/2021. Using ' before "3-5" is the only option to stop it from getting converted to date?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Yes, that is somewhat annoying. You can also format the cell as Text before entering the "3-5" value.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back