Last Input in a Date Range

jesrod

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to return the last input in a date range, for example January the input was on the 31st for an amount of 5, February the last input was on the 26th in the amount of 10 and march the last input was on the 17th in the amount of 23, and this will go on for the rest of the year on random dates.

So I made a column for Jan, Feb, Mar, etc.

So in Jan I want a formula to where it will show 5, Feb it will so 10, and mar it will show 23.

I have tried various types of formulas and can't figure this one out.

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Welcome to the Board!

We probably need to know the structure of your current data, and your expected output in order to give you a formula that might work for. So if you could provide samples of each, it would be most helpful in tailoring a response for you.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back