Last used cell won't reset

pinch

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I've got a very small spreadsheet, but Excel seems to think my last used cell is miles farther down and across. I've tried doing a clear all for everything below my *actual* last cell, saving the workbook, and then re-opening it, but the last used cell still remains at the incorrect cell (way down and across). Some years ago, I read (somewhere) of a way to get the last cell to reset (and it worked flawlessly) but I can't seem to find it or remember what the solution was. The solution did *not* involve VBA at all.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Patty

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
clear all for everything below my *actual* last cell,
Try deleting after the last cell (rows and columns) rather than clearing, then close and re-open the workbook.

Upvote 0
Try deleting after the last cell (rows and columns) rather than clearing, then close and re-open the workbook.
Yeah, sorry, tried that too. It's driving me nuts that I can't remember what the solution was or where I saved the information!

Upvote 0
Hi,

perhaps you could try "Find and Select" -> "Go to Special" -> "Last cell"?

Upvote 0
Hi,

perhaps you could try "Find and Select" -> "Go to Special" -> "Last cell"?
It's not that I can't find the last cell; it's that I can't seem to reset it. Once I get to the last cell, whether I delete all the intervening rows/columns or I do a Clear All of the intervening rows/columns, I can't seem to get it to reset to the smaller size. What were you suggesting that I do once I get to the last cell via Find and Select->Go to Special->Last cell?

Upvote 0
I would go to the last cell and add data below it to create a "new" last cell, and then try to delete the unused range?

Upvote 0
Try changing all the row heights and column widths, then save the workbook.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back