Lauching procedure in another VB Project directly from the Personal Macro File.

corentint

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello to the community...

I have a personal macro file. Lots of my ribbon buttons/functions refer to this macro file.

I have several addin files with general and also special purpose procedures. Not to be mixed up with my personal macro file.

Each addin file has its own procedure whereby upon running that procedure it automatically exports all objects, userforms, modules and class modules as text files into a separately identified directory. This I consider as backup.
Problem is, I must go into each addin procedure (i.e. into the VBE) to manually start ther procedure, for each addin file.

Surely I should be able to program a procedure in my Personal Macro File that would be run from a ribbon button and automatically produce the require exportation for all addin files?

But I am not sure if this is possible or where to start first (note that I already have a ribbon button that does this for the Personal Macro File, but the procedure resides into the Personal Macro file so it is easy to do; in my request, a procedure in the Personal Macro file would trigger the export procedures in several other Addin files, all in sequence).

Any ideas or recommandations?

Thank you in advance for any help, suggestions, etc.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Hello again,

OK, I may have been in a funk when contemplating my requirements. I turns out my writing this request has triggered my own response and a very simple one it is.

In my Personal Macro file, I simply use application.run "nameofaddinfile.xlam!nameofprocedure" where procedures are the export routines of the vba project for each project. One run per Addin. Et Voilà.

So very sorry if anyone wasted time on this request.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back