Leading ' Issue

cr2crf

When converting a column of formulas to values, the results are the values with a leading apostrophe ( ' ). The values looks like this - 'CRASH. When I do the same operation in a co-workers identical spreadsheet it does not produce the leading apostrophe. The formula to produce the value is identical. Any clue?

Notwithstanding that, you seem to be missing the point I was making. The two phrases do not have the same meaning.
Apologies to both of you. I was in the middle of a company crisis and did not explain myself well. Nothing between my ears were working that day. You were both correct and I just wasn't reading anything right that day. Problem was solved at my end.

When i said identical, I meant we each were working on two copies of the same file that started the day as one and then was copied. The problem was in a new version of our data that IT put out to one of us but not the other.

Again, sorry for my confusion.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back