Lesson attendance log

peterinth

Hi I'm new to this forum and am asking for some advise for a spreadsheet for school attendance.

• The students have the option to come to a class or not
  • There are approx. 20 different subject classes a day
  • There are 4 periods a day
  • There are approx. 100 students
  • There are about 20 different teachers
Problem is a student comes into school goes to a class, skip 2 classes and attend the last. In the event of an emergency there is no way to know who is on site/class
At the end of the term there is no recall of how many lessons or classes attended.

I manage the school database and can extract the classes and class lists, but there is no lesson attendance monitor and this is what I'm after.

I tried to make something in Access, but got lost in the maze.

If anyone can help I would be eternally grateful.

:)

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Welcome to the forum,

With regards,
"I manage the school database and can extract the classes and class lists, but there is no lesson attendance monitor and this is what I'm after."

If you already have an Access Database, wouldn't it be easier to add a Field, Attended Yes/No and have a date field automatically populate based on the Selection from the person (Teacher) who calls the register?

I have recently been involved with a school and have created a number of databases which they use for Government reports, attendance issues etc.

If I can help then let me know.

Upvote 0
Thanks Trevor

Yes I have an Access database, but it became messy and I guess I got sidetracked into making fancy drop down lists to select a teacher - student - class - period and dropped the whole project.

I was thinking an Excel system might have been more manageable for me. Perhaps if I couldn't manage an Access system it's unlikely I'll manage an Excel one.

Thanks anyway.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back