Libreoffice Calc/Google Sheets - trying to figure out how to get bonus points awarded only once

mooserken

Platform
  1. Windows
I’m trying to figure out how to do something in Libreoffice Calc. What I’m trying to do is give a player bonus points if they are the first to reach a certain number. Once the bonus points are given, then I want this feature to be “turned off” as other players will reach this certain number. Unfortunately, I have not figured out how to do this and am hoping that you could help. I have attached a sample spreadsheet for your referal. I will describe it.

It is for racing stats. I have 20 racers. They do 15 races and in each race the top 10 racers are placed: first, second, third, etc. What I want is that the first person to reach a certain Target Number based on their placements get a bonus. For example, racer 1 gets first place, that racer gets 1 towards the target number. Racer 2 gets second place, that racer gets 2 towards the target number. As you can see on the spreadsheet the Target Number is 22 (or whatever number I choose) and the Bonus is 50pts. When the first player (Racer I) reaches the target number (22pts), then that racer gets the bonus of 50pts. You can see that Racer I has a total of 25 after 3 races, therefore racer I gets the 50 point bonus. The placement number is a running total for each racer and more than one racer will get a placement number greater than or equal to the Target Number. So once the bonus is given the first time I don’t want the bonus to be given out again. As you can see, racer P got the target number of 22 on race 4 but does not get the 50 point bonus. If two racers get to the target number in the first race only the first racer would get the bonus points.

I can upload the spreadsheet if need be. Just haven't figured out how to do that.

How can I achieve this? I hope someone out there can help me. Thank you to all who take the time to help.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 7

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back