Line Chart Label

Renier

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good day,

I figured out how get a line chart to only show the values I want using the NA() feature. Now I'd like the last point on the blue line to have a label with its value, tomorrow when I enter a new day's data the line chart will extend by one and i'd like the label to move from the previous point to the new point.

I hope this makes sense...

1678707238663.png

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Good day,

I figured out how get a line chart to only show the values I want using the NA() feature. Now I'd like the last point on the blue line to have a label with its value, tomorrow when I enter a new day's data the line chart will extend by one and i'd like the label to move from the previous point to the new point.

I hope this makes sense...

View attachment 87397
nevermind i figured it out.

Upvote 0
Care to share in case it helps someone else?

Upvote 0
Care to share in case it helps someone else?

Sure,

I'm sure there must be a better way, but for my limited skill level, this worked.

1678771284446.png

For the table above the chart will look something like this if I put a label on value 6:

1678771379809.png

But if I add another value to H3 the line goes to value 7 but the label stays with value 6.

1678771488555.png

I want the label to move to value 7, the last value in row 3.

To get around this I duplicated row 3 into row 4 with a simple = formula (B4=B3, C4=C3 etc).

1678771657074.png

I then used the following formula to hide the values I didn't want to see in row 4, starting in B4 with =IF(COUNTA($B$3:$M$3)=B1;B3;""). This formula counts the number of cells in B3 to M3 that are not empty. You can use this value with an IF formula to hide the cells that do not correspond the number of cells that are not empty, only showing the cell that is not empty.

1678772416949.png

Now you select the orange line, and select Format Data Labels and select Value From Cells.

1678772548062.png

This box will open. And you need to select you new data label from B4 to M4.

1678772602169.png

1678772700355.png

Click OK and your labels on the orange line will now move to the last value in row 3.

1678772785766.png

I hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back