Line chart to ignore blank cell values with formulas

Robert_G

I have a line chart based on the months of the year and performance goals with a formula. I want the line graph to ignore the cells with the formula, until that month actually has data collected. That way if I have data plotted for January through July, August through December wont be plotted as a zero.

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Write a formula where the value returns #N/A and the chart will exclude those values.

<month(b1),na(),xyz)[ code]
<month(b1),na(),xyz)<month(b1),na(),xyz)< month(b1),na(),xyz)[="">Ex: =IF(MONTH(DATE(2018,7,31))<=MONTH(B1),NA(),xyz)

B1 = date cell
xyz = whatever your calculation may be for the chart</month(b1),na(),xyz)<month(b1),na(),xyz)<></month(b1),na(),xyz)[>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
=IF(((P50-N50)/P50)/R50="""", NA(), (((P50-N50)/P50)/R50))

I placed an IF statement in my equation and if the cells are blank, it still returns as #DIV/0

What do I have wrong in my statement?

Upvote 0
A couple things, by the look of it.

1) Your math equation - (P50-N50)/P50)/R50 - wouldn't yield a blank, so the NA() would never get triggered;
2) """" isn't proper in Excel (it is in VBA), so that should change;
3) What values are contained with P50, N50, and R50? Without that information, it's difficult to help ensure your formula works perfectly.

Upvote 0
Thanks, by explaining the obvious I didn't realize, I solved my problem. The double "" wasn't the mistake (although it was in a different way), it was as you pointed out it wouldn't yield a blank and the NA wouldn't be triggered.

So i just did this IFERROR statement (since that what it is), and then the chart stopped recording the months that are blank but leave the remaining dates idle in the chart waiting for new data.

=IFERROR(((P50-N50)/P50)/R50,NA())

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksonnia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back