Line not visible on chart

QDavis

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a chart that has year on the X axis and a COMBO Y axis, which should display 4 series of data (three lines on left Y axis and 1 bar graph on right Y axis). All are good except that one of the lines i snot visible. The data shows up as being part of the data series and the legend for the missing line is present, just not the actual line of data. I have tried to do: 'Select Data/ Hidden and Empty Cells/ Connect data points with line' but can't get the last data to show up. Anyone know how I can fix it? Thank you!

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
If you select it using the dropdown on the left of the Format tab in the Chart group, can you see the selection indicators on the chart? Is it perhaps either formatted with no line, or behind another series, or plotting on the wrong axis?

Upvote 0
If you select it using the dropdown on the left of the Format tab in the Chart group, can you see the selection indicators on the chart? Is it perhaps either formatted with no line, or behind another series, or plotting on the wrong axis?
I'm afraid I'm not following you. Sorry. :/ Can you try again? Thanks!
1619039118098.png

Upvote 0
First change the axis on the right to start at 0, and see if you can then see the line. If so, it's just plotted on the wrong axis.

Upvote 0
I changed the axis minimum to 0 - a good idea anyway, but it still is not showing up. Don't know if this is helpful, but when I change the order of the legend entries in the Select Data text box, that shifts which 2 lines (of the three) show up.

Upvote 0
If you select the chart, you should see the Chart Tools group appear at the right hand side of the Ribbon, with Design and Format tabs available. If you select the Format tab, on the left there is a dropdown that allows you to select different elements of the chart. If you select the series you can't see, do you see little handles appear where the points should be - see picture below with the relevant items highlighted:

1619077164089.png

Upvote 0
Oh my good ness. Thank you! That was it - well, that allowed me to see that I had the same data in twice for two variables so I could not see any difference.
Corrected the data and now it shows up. THANK YOU!!!.

Upvote 0
Glad we could help sort it out. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back