Linear Trend Line with data on Secondary Axis

Caines530

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello. I am trying to create a trend line for multiple series of data. Is it possible to have trend lines for only a specific data series within the same chart? For example, in the chart below, I'd like to have a trend line for Student ELA, ELA CA, Student Math, and CA Math but the trend line only represent that specific data series.

1666280695968.png

When I add trend lines to the secondary axis data series (Student Math & CA Math), the trend line includes the cells with the primary axis series data. See below
1666280871341.png

I can change the data for the primary series of data to only include the data I want and have the trend line represent that set of data.
1666281036335.png
1666281049251.png

However, when I try to do that for the secondary set of data, I am not able to do the same where the trend line only includes that set of data. Here is what I get when I change the series of data to only include the 2nd set of data. It moves the data over to the left side of the graph instead of staying on the right

1666281257252.png

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information to make this make sense. Thank you!

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Hello. I am trying to create a trend line for multiple series of data. Is it possible to have trend lines for only a specific data series within the same chart? For example, in the chart below, I'd like to have a trend line for Student ELA, ELA CA, Student Math, and CA Math but the trend line only represent that specific data series.

View attachment 76670

When I add trend lines to the secondary axis data series (Student Math & CA Math), the trend line includes the cells with the primary axis series data. See below
View attachment 76672

I can change the data for the primary series of data to only include the data I want and have the trend line represent that set of data.
View attachment 76673View attachment 76674

However, when I try to do that for the secondary set of data, I am not able to do the same where the trend line only includes that set of data. Here is what I get when I change the series of data to only include the 2nd set of data. It moves the data over to the left side of the graph instead of staying on the right

View attachment 76676

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information to make this make sense. Thank you!

This is what I would like to happen (I added these lines manually via shapes)
1666282269911.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back