Link a text box value to a cell (reverse)

Jiovannos

Hello all,

I have the following problem. I would like to link the contents of a textbox (which are numbers) to a cell so i can change the contents of the TEXTBOX and give me that number on the CELL.Not the reverse.
The problem is I have a great range of drawing lines that have a textbox next to them showing their length. They are all in the boundaries of a single cell. I want to write the contents of the textbox to a nearby cell so i can add or substract the lengths.
So I ll make it more clear with an example: In the bountaries of the cell A1 there is a line and a textbox below the line with the number 700 inside (which means that the length of the line is 700 mm). I want to plot this 700 to the cell B1, and if i change 700 to 500 , B1 would have to change too. The same with A2-B2, A3-B3 etc. I have nearly 500 lines with textboxes so I can't afford to write the name of each textbox separetely.

If the above is possible as second task I would like to add all textboxes values that are in the boundaries of cell A1 to cell B1. (sometimes there are 3 lines and 3 textboxes in a cell)

I would very much appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance,
John

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Welcome to MrExcel.

What you are doing seems very complex, but if you use TextBoxes from the Control Toolbox (ActiveX) you can set the LinkedCell property. Note that it is bidirectional.

Upvote 0
Thank you, active x textbox looks fine but now i can't get this right: when i copy the row with the textbox in, or just the textbox, it is linked to the same cell, not to the pasted reference cell, as with regural excel copy paste. Ex. If i have a textbox on A1 linked to B1, if i copy all the "1" row and paste it below, I want to link the new textbox (which is now at cell A2) to the cell B2, etc without doing it manually in each and every one.
Can you see that happening?

Upvote 0
The Linkedcell property is just a string, so it won't be changed relatively when you copy the control, I'm afraid.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back