link Access to Google Maps

SKV

Can we link Access to Google maps? My Intention is
1) Plot all the zip codes from the file and label them according to a specific field
2) Provide distances for a group of origin and destinations.

When I look into the VBA tool references, I can see the Google map libraries but I am very naive to understand and then work on it without guidance.

Any pointers will help

Thanks
SKV

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Can we link Access to Google maps? My Intention is
1) Plot all the zip codes from the file and label them according to a specific field
2) Provide distances for a group of origin and destinations.

When I look into the VBA tool references, I can see the Google map libraries but I am very naive to understand and then work on it without guidance.

Any pointers will help

Thanks
SKV
I am interested in learning what you find on this topic.

About 2 years ago, I had a project to identify "an area of influence" - basically a circle with centre based on geo coordinates for a Canadian postal code and radius in miles. I searched and found very little.

What I ended up doing was finding some HTML code that included some google mapping info that could draw an approximate circle. I copied that to a text variable, and made variables out of the Lat, Long and radius.

I had postal codes and cities separately. The interface allowed someone to enter a City name - from City and Province I could get Postal code. From Postalcode I got Lat and Long.
I called a routine that substituted the Lat Long and Radius values and created a new browser window that showed the new map.

In addition, it allowed you to move the centre keeping the distance(radius) constant. Or you could keep the centre constant and move an icon on the circumference -- to see various areas of influence about the same centre.

Upvote 0
i'm with JackD on this one....i too would like to find out how to do this.

I've have done something similiar using Access and MS Mappoint. That maybe be an option as well. It offer Radius usign the DrawCircles Method and a distance from point to point. Just an option

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
screechyboy79

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back