Link between two fields

shonaart

Board Regular
Hi, please can you help.
I have two field names in one table , Vessel Name and Vessel number

I have two tables Vessel Details & Shift Details

I have created another table ( shift details ) and used a lookup wizard in a field called VESSEL NUMBER to look up Vessel number in the other Table.( Vessel Details ), it call the number up nicely, but I have also created a Vessel name filed.
I would like is when i click on my drop down list and select the Vessel Number, the Field with name of the Vessel is also filled with the name of the Vessel.

So basically I have created a table with Vessel Details in and another table where i want to select from the one field in the Vessel details and it brings back my Vessel number and Vessel number in another Field. Wow I hope you understand what i am saying.
Thanks
Vaughan

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
I understand you....you need to build a query and join the tables together by their related fields ( relationships will default).

You have to remember that it is a "Relational Database", by selecting the record in the lookup, it is now related... the query can be used in place of the table in any reporting you do.

Note also if you are doing this for a form there are other ways to get it to display

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back