Link rows on different sheets, so same actions apply

Bloople

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
So, now my first problem has been kindly fixed, I have another query. This will just be a nice bonus if I can get it to work.

I have a workbook with an overview sheet of jobs. When I select a city in column 6, for example London, the entire row is copied to the London spreadsheet.
When I come to complete the job, I select Completed in column 9 on the Overview sheet and it copies it the entire row to the Completed sheet and deletes it from the Overview sheet.

What I'm now after is to find a way for that action to delete the duplicate in the London sheet? As it is, I have to go into the City sheet and delete the job manually.

I was advised that there needs to be a unique reference for each job (thanks Fluff) and this might be an issue. Most jobs have a unique reference number but there are some anomolies in which rather than a ref number, it could be a name or address, and these could be repeated in future so it wouldn't be unique. eg, the reference column (Column D) will have 1234, 2833, 1834, and so on, then there might be one where the only reference would be Bloople. And next month, there might be another job relating to Bloople, and you'd never know what number you're up to so can't just add a number on the end.

I started looking into buttons -whether I could press a button at the end and then every London row goes into the London sheet, and so on... Don't know whether that would be a good idea..
The next blank column in Overview is K. It will always be blank, the number of columns won't change.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Click here for your file. Enter a city in column F and then click in column K and select "Done". The row will be copied to the appropriate sheet. If you add additional data to that row afterwards, simply select "Done" in column K again and that row will be updated in the appropriate sheet. When you enter "Completed" in column I, that row will be copied to the "Completed" sheet and deleted from the other two sheets. When you enter "Completed" in column I, it is assumed that the row has already been copied to its City sheet.

Upvote 0
Click here for your file. Enter a city in column F and then click in column K and select "Done". The row will be copied to the appropriate sheet. If you add additional data to that row afterwards, simply select "Done" in column K again and that row will be updated in the appropriate sheet. When you enter "Completed" in column I, that row will be copied to the "Completed" sheet and deleted from the other two sheets. When you enter "Completed" in column I, it is assumed that the row has already been copied to its City sheet.

Thanks for this. I see how it works on your spreadsheet. The only thing is that I would select LIVE in the status box before then selecting DONE to copy the sheet, but when I do that, I get a message that the row has not been copied. It seems to need the status box to be blank.
However, I think this is going to confuse people too much, I need it simple for them! Getting them to remember to select done after filling in the row initially and then again after completing the job and marking it as such will be a challenge! I really appreciate the time you've put into this, but it's not fair of me to keep getting you to help.
I think I'll just keep it to basics -have people manually copy and paste the row to the city sheet, and then go delete it when they're done.

Upvote 0
No problem. Good luck with it. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richa mishra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back