Link shape to drop down list

toci1980

Hello guys,
I am trying to figure out how to make this but without success at this moment :)
So, I would like to link "shape 1" in Sheet 1 and when click on it to go into Sheet 2 and select "1" in drop down menu.
Is it possible to do this and how?

Thank you in advance.

I'm not able to put example here so I'm putting picture.

sD3MpY
sD3aIq

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
1) Yeah, you won't see the macro there in the list. You have to enter it yourself.

2) If you click on "shape 1" and look at the Name box, what name do you see there? The Name box is located to the left of the formula bar.

3) This website doesn't allow one to include any sort of attachments. But you can always upload a sample workbook to a third party site and provide a link. But there are those here, like myself, who won't download files.

Upvote 0
Yes, I just wanted to make sure that your shape is in fact named "shape 1". And I'm assuming the others are named in the same way.

It looks like you've right-clicked "shape 1", and selected Assign Macro. Right now in the box called "Macro name:" you have "shape1_Click". There you'll need to replace that with "Sheet1.UpdateDropDown".

Upvote 0
One more question. e.g. If I have in drop down list "text" instead numbers do I need to put that text with double quotes?
And is it possible to make when I click on any shape to transfer me in Sheet2 in this example?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeap, I've found a solution for "text" drop down list, but don't know how to activate "Sheet2" after click on shape macro.

Upvote 0
I've put this command after every case: Sheets("Sheet2").Activate
Is there any better solution than this?

Upvote 0
I've put this command after every case: Sheets("Sheet2").Activate
Is there any better solution than this?

Instead of putting it after every case, just put it once at the end of the macro...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back