Link tabs to original data?

sammipd

Board Regular
I have a master spreadsheet (Tab 1) which goes to cell EM:3500. The boss filters for specific data, copy/pastes the filtered data to another tab and then runs calculations. This easily results in 20 tabs for a specific project. The problem is keeping up with revisions to the master data. How can I link her tabs back to the original data (Tab 1) to Refresh when changes are made or is there another method to create her tabs? I don't think she'll use pivots due to the number of columns involved. Or possibly, keep all of her linked tabs in a separate file from the master data? Have you any suggestions?

pbornemeier

Are the filters standard?
Are the filtered results copied to known worksheet names (can wks names be generated automatically based on cell values)?
Are the calculations done by code?

If the same filters are applied to the data and the calculations are performed by code then that code could be run on the refreshed master spreadsheet to filter, copy, calculate and generate results using the prior filter/calculations procedures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excelbat

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...