Link to a number entered in a cell!

owendodd

Board Regular
Hi

What i am trying to do is i have a cell C4. This is where i am going to input a number. These numbers reside on a column B. They also reside on another sheet in the workbookWhat i want to do is when i enter a number into C4 it will automatically go find the row this number is on, on another. Any ideas?

I want to find a value on the current sheet and once entered in it links you to it on another sheet! A macro!

Cheers thanks!

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Hi,

Try something like:

=HYPERLINK(CELL("address",INDEX(Sheet2!A:A,MATCH(C4,Sheet2!A:A,0))))

in an adjascent cell.

Upvote 0
Cheers!I have tried with a find Macro - Variable!

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "939712"
Sheets("Sep").Select
Range("H3").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("SCHEDULE2").Select
Columns("A:A").Select
Selection.Find(What:="939712", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
Rows("344:344").Select
----------------------------------------------------------
I tried Recording a find Macro with a cell value being entered but i want to keep the cell value of H3 as a variable rather than a constant!

I recorded a Macro but for the number 939712 i want to set this as a variable value. When i run the macro the number i enter in H3 will be found on the SCHEDULE2 sheet!

Upvote 0
Did you try the formula I posted? Adapted for your sheet it should read:

=HYPERLINK(CELL("address",INDEX(SCHEDULE2!A:A,MATCH(C4,SCHEDULE2!A:A,0))))

If this should work for you , I would prefere it rather than a macro.

Upvote 0
I did but i had no look with it. You understand what i am trying to do with the code. It is rather than have the value as a constant to adjust this as variable. I am not a VB programmer so i am having issue with this.

Upvote 0
I did but i had no look with it. You understand what i am trying to do with the code. It is rather than have the value as a constant to adjust this as variable. I am not a VB programmer so i am having issue with this.

Upvote 0

Upvote 0

Upvote 0
Cheers!But still no luck

Upvote 0
Cheers!But still no luck

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluedbw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back