link to charts within spreadsheet

Kenboy

Hi all, Newbie here,

I have a spreadsheet with a data worksheet and 30 charts I have built from the data, all on separate tabs. How do I hyperlink from some text in my data worksheet to the associated chart? :confused: I don't know how to reference these charts. :(

And can I insert a hyperlink that will take me from the chart back to my data sheet? Or, a macro to return to my data sheet would be fine. Thank you. :)

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
One way is just to create a 'menu' sheet which could be your data sheet or another sheet altogether. You can use the Forms toolbar to add buttons or you can add any drawing object. When you right click on it you can attach a macro to that button or object. All the macro needs is something like this:

Sub GoSalesChart()
Sheets("SalesChart").select
End sub

Then you could have another similar macro to go back to the menu...giving it a control key so that you can just press CTRL M to go back to the menu might be a good idea (tools...macro...options button)

Have fun!

Upvote 0
Also,
right-click in the bottom-left corner on the sheet navigators (the black arrows). A list with all your sheets will pop up.
Martin

Upvote 0
If you use the ASAP Utilities, which you can get for free from www.asaputilities.com, it has a function that gives you a few options of creating an index sheet with the names of all the sheets and or charts in your workbook. If you were to do this, plus use the tips from earlyd you should be all set.

One thing to remember with the index sheet generated by ASAP, is that in order for the links to work the user has to have ASAP installed. One workaround for this is to let ASAP creat the index sheet then replace the links it has generated with your own by Insert>Hyperlink>Place In This Document. Though for the charts, you'll have to use earlyd's macros, as charts as individual tabs don't show up in the hyperlink menu.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Guys, thanks very much for the answers. Especially EarlyD! I'm going right to work on these. As for this board, I say, UR-RAH!! (y)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msilva74

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back