Linked graph decimal problems

BeExcellant

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone - I'm having a problem with a graph in one spreadsheet that's linked to a graph in another spreadsheet showing the wrong number of decimal places.

So here's what's going:

- I copy and paste the graphs from one spreadsheet into another spreadsheet
- The graph has a data table with whole/round numbers in the origin spreadsheet
- When the worksheets are open together, both graphs show the numbers as they should be
- When I close the worksheet with the origin graph, the graph in the second worksheet changes its formatting to numbering that has decimals
- I've tried everything I can think of from formatting the axis of the original and copied graphs, formatting the cells where the data is coming from to be round numbers, and changing the formatting code in the format axis option of the graphs

Any idea how to fix this decimal error?

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Try right-clicking on a vertical axis number and selecting Format Axis. In the property box on the right, click the Graph icon and you should see Axis Options, Tick Marks, Labels, and Number. Expand Number and format your axis.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Try right-clicking on a vertical axis number and selecting Format Axis. In the property box on the right, click the Graph icon and you should see Axis Options, Tick Marks, Labels, and Number. Expand Number and format your axis.

Hope this helps.
Thanks - this was one of the things I tried, and for some reason it just doesn't work on the sheet I need it to. Might just have to come back to this and tinker with it later.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back