Linking a gantt schedule to a budget

gemmanewall

Hi

I need some help. I have a gantt chart created in excel for a project, I also have a budget associated to each task in the gantt chart. The budget is monthly. Is it possible to link the gantt chart to the budget, and more specifically, if the timeframe for an activity changes (i.e. becomes delayed), the associated budget for that activity updates as well? So for example, if an activity has a monthly budget of $500 and the activity commences in January and runs for four weeks, it is anticipated that the total spend will be $2000 by the end of week four. However, if the activity is delayed by two weeks and I amend the gantt chart to reflect this, how do I get the weekly allocated budget to shift with the timing change?

In essence I want to be able to run my budget against a schedule and for the budget to update as and when changes are made to the schedule.

I am reluctant to use MS Projects for this as it is not widely used across the organisation.

Thanks

Gemma

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back