Linking a range to a CF triggered by cell color on a separate work sheet

Excelneewbie11

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hey there, I'm a complete newbie with excel but I've been learning quite a bit over the past few days and I'm impressed at the amount of ways excel can be used to organize data!

My current workbook contains an "overview" sheet and then several other sheets organizing data (each row is an item with the columns specifying info on that item) with copied conditional formatting so each page other than the overview is essentially identical. In these secondary pages I have a column with due dates that causes the date cell to be filled with different colors based on how close to the date in the cell I am at the time (today()+ etc formulas). what I am looking to do is somehow link a range of cells on the overview worksheet to the date triggered cells with color CFs so that when the single cell turns orange it will pull the data from that row into the range specified on the overview worksheet. Is this easily done or am I in way over my head? thanks for any assistance.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back