Linking a table from online Excel file

Vasweetheart05

Due to a transition, I now have to use an online portal to connect my current excel files (located in local drives now) to my access database. Does anyone know how to import an HTML website which is an Excel file to access? Similar to Office 365 Excel FILES.

The actual source I'm using is a private a company created site that allows "EXCEL Online" - similar to sharepoint; however, I'm having issues creating a connection as the Sharepoint feature doesn't work. Using the sharepoint method takes me to a folder which creates a link to the Excel file which allows for a pop up excel document rather than an imported Excel table.

Any ideas would be great!

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Well, no replies in several days, so I'll add my 2 cents. Not being a Sharepoint expert, my limited interaction was to push Access data to Excel workbooks. To do so required the complete server path, which was UNC based (aside from having to learn how to check out, open, modify, save and check in the workbook via vba). Not sure if the path info will help you at all since it may be that you already have tried that.

Upvote 0
Well, no replies in several days, so I'll add my 2 cents. Not being a Sharepoint expert, my limited interaction was to push Access data to Excel workbooks. To do so required the complete server path, which was UNC based (aside from having to learn how to check out, open, modify, save and check in the workbook via vba). Not sure if the path info will help you at all since it may be that you already have tried that.

I'm not familiar with UNC based?? I did however have the html link from the online excel doc but that did not work on my end. How can i go about finding the actual server path?

Upvote 0
An html (web based) link won't work AFAIK. A UNC network path would be like \\ServerName\RootFolder\Subfolder\Subfolder, but my experience with that was for networks. If you're using a web based server, my guess is that you'd need a path much like what FTP programs use to manage files on a web server from a local machine, but you'd need to use the web server access password. That would be iffy IMHO, because the password would not be 100% secure, and depending on how you created a routine to gain access, it might be more on the order of 10% secure. That's about all I can tell you as it's not my area of expertise. You might have to research it using what you think are related search terms.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back