Linking Cells Between Pages

thiess22

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have not been able to find a way to do this yet anywhere. But I have several ranges of cells on two different pages of a workbook that I would like to link together so that you can change the value of a linked cell on either page and they will always have the same value.

Application is a detailed long form job estimate with specs, descriptions, totals, and options for several categories on one page, and a short form job estimate on another page with an overview of just the same totals and options. I'd like to be able to change values in either location for the totals and options and of the cells always match up.

I tried a couple of ways to do this but the problem I'm running into is that the cells on either page may be filtered out at the time a value on the changed on the other page. And I can't get it to change the value when it's filtered out.

Is there a way round this?

If not I'll have to just link it one way with a direct cell reference I guess and I'll only be able to change values on one page.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back