Linking Cells??

chew

I am having a problem with linking cells.

For example, Sheet1, cell H14 formula is: sum(H12:H13). Sheet2, cell H13 needs to have the data value from Sheet1, cell H14 inserted into it. Sheet2, cell F19 needs to have the data value from Sheet1, F19 added to what is in Sheet2, cell C19.

Is this even possible? If the sheet needs to be emailed to someone, I can do provide it if it makes this any easier.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Donny

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Click in the cell that you want the answer to arrive in.

then enter an = sign

then click in the cell where the value is - that is, where its coming from.

then hit return.

that should link the cells.

Hopefully. HTH Chuf

Upvote 0
Thanks Chuf. I have tried that, but you still have to change the sheet names when you insert a new sheet. It gets tedious having to do that all the time. I was hoping there would be an automated way of doing what I need the formulas to do in each sheet.

Upvote 0
Clarification from previous post.

I want to have formulas set-up in my spread sheet so when a new sheet is added, I do not have to manually change the Sheet names to keep my spread sheet the way I need it. I have tried linking the cells, but it is too tedious to change all the sheet names in the formulas for new sheets. Is there a formula or function that can be written in excel? I basically want to avoid having to click on a cell in say Sheet5, insert "=" and then select the cell in another sheet I want to have data imported from.

For example, Sheet1, cell H14 formula is: sum(H12:H13). Sheet2, cell H13 needs to have the data value from Sheet1, cell H14 inserted into it. Sheet2, cell F19 needs to have the data value from Sheet1, F19 added to what is in Sheet2, cell C19.

Is this even possible? If the sheet needs to be emailed to someone, I can do provide it if it makes this any easier.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gb24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back