Linking Checkboxes to another workbook

Yeoman.jeremy

Board Regular
Hi there, I'm looking for a way to count a certain amount of my workbooks that have a certain value.

i.e.
I have a quoting system with excel, which I am wanting to add in a checkbox for the Employee to tick once the quote has been accepted.
My intention is for a separate workbook to have a graph and other tables comparing how many of the quotes done have been accepted among other comparisons such as time it took to accept etc.

What i need to figure at the moment, is how to have the checkbox linked to that other workbook so that if it is ticked, it adds one to the cell or field ("accepted quotes"), and if unticked, it will add one to the other field("Declined").
Also, if the quote gets ticked at a later date, it will remove one from "Declined", and add one to "Accepted".

If there is a way to do this, your input and help would be very much appreciated

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Hi Yeoman.jeremy,

My first thought is to not mess around with checkboxes at all. Why not make a data validation field for the employee to pick from and then just link the results of what is selected to the other workbook? Just a thought...

Upvote 0
The thing is, it's a new system in development, and most of the staff are very resilient to change, and aren't very computer savvy - as is most of their generation (stereotypically).

They're already frustrated at having to learn a new system, so i'm trying to make it as easy as possible for them, which in my opinion would involve just a simple checkbox for them to tick for acceptance (although on my part has caused a few headaches trying to plan for it)

It already has other checkboxes linked to certain cells which work perfectly well also

Upvote 0
I understand user's are sometimes resistant to change, but that just means you need to turn on the salesman in you and let them know this or another way is a better way to go.

I'm just offering alternatives to make your life a little easier. Give one more go at another suggestion.

Check out this post (#5) and see Lenze's suggestions about using the doubleclick method to add a check mark.

Upvote 0
Thats not quite what i was meaning, but thanks.

I'm thinking something along the lines of an IF

could i do something like
If Unchecked, and one to cell (eg) "D6" on workbook "(workbook path)" on the sheet "(the worksheet)"
On Check add one to Cell (example) "D5" and subtract one from "D6"

I know this isn't anyhtnig like code, just trying to show you what i mean :P

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back