Linking Equidistant Horizontal Cells and Pasting Vertically on Another Sheet

7headed

I'm not sure if I phrased my title correctly or not. What I'm trying to do is create links on one page, pasting down a single column vertically, to data that is horizontally listed on another worksheet. The horizontal data is spaced apart exactly 7 columns for 100's of columns. Rather than clicking "=" and going to each cell to create the link, I was hoping there is a way to click "=" and "+" 7 columns to the right. Example: while on "sheet 1" cell a1, I will type "=" then go to "sheet 2" and click on cell h1. Then on sheet 1 cell a2 I will type "=" and go to sheet 2 and click on cell o1...and so forth for hundreds of columns across. Is there a formula that I can add to my link in cell a1 that will copy down every seven columns across on sheet 2? Thank you.

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
OK, I actually found out that I can use the "offset" formula to copy the links down vertically. But, is there a way for the column field in the offset formula to add automatically as you copy the formula down? In other words, 7 columns to the right, then 14, then 21, etc.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back