Linking Excel data with access database using VBA

suji

Hi

I appreciate the support and guidance from all the members of the site in solving the problems…<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I have created a database in Access with the columns as Prod id, description, Status, Additional information (large pool of data). Status column have different categories as available, No available, Can be arranged in 30 days & Others.<o:p></o:p>
In excel I have a column with product Id, Status and Additional Information…In which sales team will enter their list of products (more than one product at a time) and will click on a command button to execute the function, This function should check for the product id in the access database and retrieve the Status and Additional information in the respective product into the excel columns with Status and addinal Info..<o:p></o:p>
Please help me how to create a VBA code to perform the above task….<o:p></o:p>
Thank you Once again.<o:p></o:p>

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Hi Denis,

I am sorry i forget to mention that i am using DAO object module to connect with Access.Please guide me if i can accomplish above task using DAO.

Again Thanks a lot for you support...

Suji

Upvote 0
Yes you can do it in DAO, but ADO is a more generic technology and allows you to connect to many more database types. DAO is Access-only.
Give the ADO a try, unless you already have some other code that relies on using DAO.

Denis

Upvote 0
Hi Denis,

Thank you for the response.
Yes i am supposed to work on DAO only....Please guide and help me solving my Task.

Thank you Once again
Suji

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back