Linking excel worksheets to each other within powerpoint

Hirotay

Hi, I am using Microsoft PowerPoint 2002, Let's say I have 5 different worksheets on 5 different pages in powerpoint that I have "inserted as an object" . I have created these sheets under the new file option. Some of the spreadsheets have cells that should contain the same information. I would like to be able to link these cells together so that when I change one cell, it changes another cell in another worksheet. Easy task in excel... "=A3" for example. Hasn't been as simple for me when using these different spreadsheets in Powerpoint. I've tried right clicking on the displayed spreadsheet, chosing open, and linking the spreadsheets that way. However, these do not change the values in the spreadsheets that are not "opened". Hoping I can fix this through simple code or something that I am just missing. Any help you can offer I would appreciate. Thanks.

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
The approach you adopted results in a separate XL workbook for each embedded object -- one reason I never directly embed an XL workbook in PP.

The better approach, IMO, is to create the XL workbook independent of the PP file. Then, copy the desired worksheet range / chart and in PP use 'paste link' to maintain a live link to the contents of the XL file.

Upvote 0
Yea, I know that's probably a better approach, I run into several different problems with that. #1 the powerpoint is a blank template and several different users use it and often go back to change their updated version, which runs us into saving issues. #2 occasionally, we will insert lines into the spreadsheet which seems to cut off the bottom line that was once selected for the live link.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbone Mathonsi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back