Linking PPT bullet text to Excel

Texas Longhorn

Hi all,

I have a powerpoint presentation in which I'd like to link text to Excel. I have a slide that has 5 bullet points (these were created in PPT). Each bullet has a company name, current stock price, and some other text. I would like to link the current price to an Excel worksheet that I maintain.

I have succeeded in getting the PPT to link to Excel by using Copy/Paste Special/Past Link. However, my problem is that the formatting of the PPT slide is different that the Excel file (font size, color), and I cannot figure out how to make the pasted link take on the characteristics of the PPT bullet (other than to change the Excel file, which isn't an option).

Any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

I've also posted this query here: http://www.theofficeexperts.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29292#post29292

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Hi Tex,

I can't think of a "non-VBA" way to do this without modifying the Excel formatting. It can be done with VBA via a macro that would grab the appropriate cell data from Excel and paste it as a text string into PPT, which would maintain the existing PPT formatting.

Damon

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply Damon...I'll get started going down that path. Too bad there's not a straight-forward way to do it like in Word.

Thanks,
Bill

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back