Linking problem

sdcamp3020

Board Regular
I have a worksheet that is linked to pull data from my quote log based on the job number listed in cell F6. I have successfully linked the files and am able to pull my Customer Name and Purchase Order Number every time with no problem. However, when I try to pull the quote amount I get the #REF answer unless I open the Quote Log (the formula works fine when the quote log is open). I have typed the formula manually to make sure that it is correct and it still will only work if the quote log is open.

This is the formula I am using to pull the Purchase Order Number (works):

=IF(INDEX('\\server03\E\LOGS\QUOTE LOG.xls'!PO_NO,MATCH(F6,'\\server03\E\LOGS\QUOTE LOG.xls'!RECORD))=0,"",INDEX('\\server03\E\LOGS\QUOTE LOG.xls'!PO_NO,MATCH(F6,'\\server03\E\LOGS\QUOTE LOG.xls'!RECORD)))

This is the formula I am using to pull the quote amount (works only if quote log is open):

=IF(INDEX('\\server03\E\LOGS\QUOTE LOG.xls'!QUOTE_AMT,MATCH(F6,'\\server03\E\LOGS\QUOTE LOG.xls'!RECORD,0))=0,"",INDEX('\\server03\E\LOGS\QUOTE LOG.xls'!QUOTE_AMT,MATCH(F6,'\\server03\E\LOGS\QUOTE LOG.xls'!RECORD)))

Any suggestions on what is going wrong?

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Problem solved! I have been getting an error message stating that "Excel cannot complete the current task. Not enough resources are available."
A friend suggested this might be the problem so I went to my source workbook and reduced the size and then my link started working. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back