Linking Sharepoint Excel, excel sheets in a server, and Microsoft forms.

PaulOPTC

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good afternoon,

I have a list of jobs on an excel worksheet, we often have to add new jobs to this running list of jobs, and my coworkers are not very excel friendly.
This list of jobs is important, because we use Vlookups to link proposals / estimates and change orders to job numbers.

The list currently goes like this:

Job Number, Job Address, Job Name, Customer Billing Name, Customer Billing address, Name, Phone number, Email

I saw that Microsoft forms could dump out into an excel spreadsheet, so I created a Microsoft form, with the above "questions", it was able to dump it out into an excel spreadsheet.

I WAS able to link it too some of the other workbooks, but ONLY if I click "Open in Desktop App" on the sharepoint excel will it update onto the workbooks.

The code it spit out at me was: 'https://companyname.sharepoint.com/sites/companyname/Shared Documents/[companyname All Jobs.xlsx]Form1

I am clearly missing something, how do I get that online, form filled out excel spread sheet, to talk to the desktop versions on my server?
I have tried to "link the data using other sources" but it keeps coming up with an authentication error.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back