linking spreadsheets within word

rexi

hi folks, got a problem.

I've created a word 2007 document and have inserted a couple of spreadsheet tables. The idea is to be able to input numbers in one and link the total to the front summary spreadsheet.

i've tried copying the total cell and pasting a link in the front summary page. when i update the detail numbers, the total does change.

however, i want to be able to email the document so someone can make a report, input numbers and have summary numbers on the front page. As soon as i email it, someone can access the detailed table & update within word, but the link and access to the front table comes up with broken link etc.

basically, how do insert spreadsheets in a word document save it and be able to circulate for use by others so that numbers entered can be linked through the word document...not updated from an external excel spreadsheet?

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
You could embed an excel table, on my phone right now so can't give the absolute path but its something like insert object, excel table or similar. Then rather than have them update one word doc, they get bothe the word and excel but they update the excel and it in turn updates the word doc

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back