Linking text multiple cells from one sheet to another sheet's individual cell using Concatenate.

vaseline3194

Hi

So I have the following:

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

There is another tab in the excel. I don't have it on me.

Let's say I have a tab named "Track" and the picture above is Tab named "Time."

In the Track tab, I have a column called "description of activity." That is where I put my description for the amount of time I spend on something. Let's say this column is 5 cells long and is G4:G8. It is also only for the Monday. Inevitably, I need to do this for all days of the week.

So, lets say that G4 and G6 are descriptions of activities for Time Code: "111." And let's say I worked on Time Code "111" at 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM and then again from 2:00PM to 3:00 PM. I have two different descriptions for these two periods of time. I want to concatenate both the descriptions from the "Track Tab" into the a Column in the "Time Tab" that corresponds to Time Code "111."

Then I am planning to use VBA to convert the cell that has the concatenated information into a comment beside where I enter the amount of time I worked on something.

I know this is pretty difficult but I am really interested in learning how to do this. Excel is fun. I wish I played with excel earlier.

Thanks, I really appreciate everyone's help.

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back