Linking to 200 worksheets

Lens

I had an unusual question come to me at work. A manager is creating a report by linking one summary spreadsheet in the same workbook as 200 other spreadsheets where those who report to him enter data into various tables. He wants to know if there is a way to navigate the workbook more easily when he enters an equal sign into the table in the summary worksheet and then scrolls to find the relevant tab. I showed him the trick about creating a table of contents page of hyperlinked chapter markers, but once you enter the equals sign, the hyperlink is no longer an option to select and go to your destiny tab. Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Not sure what you want to accomplish with the formula, but why aren't you just using an indirect formula? That will link to all the different worksheets the easiest.

Upvote 0
No formula is involved. He's just linking one cell in his report to another cell from another worksheet. Because there are about 200 worksheets, it takes allot of time to search for the cell to which he is linking. Of course, linking to an adjacent cell helps because he can fill those in once the initial link is made.

Upvote 0
I don't know, sounds like a perfect candidate for an indirect formula to me. I'd research it a little if you're not familiar with it. It allows you to specify the workbook, worksheet, and cell anywhere and pull in the data from that cell.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back