Linking two spreadsheets and transfer preselected data automatically to sheet 2

bustosjuan

Office Version
  1. 365
Helo to all Mr. Excel experts in this forum. I am working on a project and I think I am level 1 in excel, I need help with my project. I hope someone could help me with this issue.
I have an excel document that I have called (Linking two spreadsheets). In this file, there are two worksheets defined as follow:
Sheet 1 = Planned Inspection Form
Sheet 2 = Hazard Identified

Sheet 1 (Planned Inspection Form) is Described as follows:
A Code for each element and a scale.
The Scale or Value is selected from a list from "blank, 0, 1, 2 and N/A)" where:
Blank = No info
0 = No inspected
1 = Satisfactory
2 = Unacceptable (Means, it needs action taken)
N/A
= Not Applicable

Any CODE+Description that gets scale selection = 2 need action taken that would be added in Sheet 2 (Hazard Identified)

Sheet 2 (Hazard Identified) I want to focus just on columns A and B of sheet two where the selected code+Description as scaled = 2 to be transferred to sheet 2:

Column A = "CODE" Here, Starting in Cell A16 I would like that any Code from Sheet 1 (Planned Inspection Form) that gets a Scale value =2 automatically to be transferred to Sheet 2 (starting in Cell A16). So, if in Sheet 1 were selected 10 codes = 2 then each code selected =2 must be transferred to sheet 2 (Hazard Assessment) as a separate code starting in cell A16 and so on (A16, A17, A18 ...). The same with Column B in sheet 2 (Hazard Identified)

Column B = Deficiencies/Hazard Identified. Here, any Description in Sheet 1 associated with the CODES that got a selection value = 2 automatically be transferred to sheet 2 in the column called Deficiencies/Hazard Identified starting in the cell B16. and so on (B16, B17, B18 ...).

My expected result is that only “CODE and DESCRIPTION” Scaled = 2 in sheet 1 (Planned inspection Form) be transferred automatically to sheet 2 (Hazard Assessment). In other words, I only need in sheet 2 all the elements that got value = 2 which are the ones that need action taken to follow. If all codes get value = Blank, 0, 1 or N/A then nothing will appear in Sheet 2 because those scales do not need any action taken.

I hope to have explained myself well and to have made the process of sharing the pics because I try to download the XL2BB but It is to complicated to me. I do not understand the steps. This technology is a bit complicated but fascinating.
Thanks in advance to those who will be helping me to solve this project.

Juan

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back