Linking with Master Worksheet

yg1935

I have a master price sheet that I keep but I would like to distribute copies of this sheet for others to use. This sheet changes often - Is there anyway to make my sheet the master and any changes that I make automatically link and change to the copies of the sheet that others are using?

Also...people use "adder pages" to up their prices to their specific price sheets. I'm having a hard time understanding how to make this all work together so any advice that you Excel guru's can provide is GREATLY appreciated!

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Your need sounds like a commercial application. Perhaps you should consult with professionals, such as those in the second line at the bottom of this screen, where it reads, "Need extra help ?...". Clicking on the Consulting Team link there will take you to
http://www.mrexcel.com/consult.shtml

Upvote 0
I agree with Ralph

It seems this is a universal project of decent importance and you should consult a team in order to program this properly... the worst thing would be distributing various documents to others and having problems you cannot fix because this forum is mostly a one way interaction -- people help fix your problem-- but if you do not understand how to fix any possible contingencies (or understand the concepts presented to you) then you are right back were you started... Do you have a network that all users can access... if not this may be your first desired step... Then you can have this desired "Master" workbook that others can access open to all (at this point you can restrict the types of access to this "Master" wb through -- Protect and Share Properties of the WB--, this way your users will have constant access to your "Master" WB...

Hope this helps,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbone Mathonsi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back