Linking workbooks in Excel 2007

button5

My question relates to linking workbooks and <nobr>updating</nobr> the <nobr>information</nobr> in them.

I have a <nobr>source</nobr> workbook, several destination workbooks (that look to the source workbook for changes in <nobr>data</nobr> inputs), and a summary workbook (that summarizes information from the destination workbooks).

If the destination workbooks (30+) are not all <nobr>opened</nobr> while the source workbook is open, changes in the source workbook are not picked up in the destination workbooks, and then not picked up in the summary workbook.
The only way that changes in the source workbook are made in the destination workbook, is by <nobr>opening</nobr> and re-saving each destination workbook. Only after all of them have been opened and closed, does the summary workbook show accurate information.

Is there any way that making changes to the source workbook will <nobr>flow</nobr> to each destination workbook without having to open and close each one?

I hope that I have been clear in my description; it can be a very confusing concept.

Thanks for your help.

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back