links refuse to change from sharpoint address..

JamesBowdidge

Hi, So my (work) laptop backs up files to the cloud via sharpoint, but all files a stored locally on my PC.. I have some linked spreadsheets (both on the laptop) but when linking them together rather than the usual file location its a sharpoint address like this.. (this happens maybe 50% of the time, the other 50% its just a normal link!)

=' /james_bowdidge_soprasteria_com/Documents/James Bowdidge/Max slot backup/Manifest Max Slots/[Max Slots (LIB) 04.01.2021.xlsm]Max Slots Core'

However its not all the time, sometime the formula will not chage to an address as above and the link stays as it should just pointed at the file location on my PC..

When the HTTPs is in the formula they dont refresh, Sometimes a find and replace (with nothing) on this bit "https://steria-my.sharepoint.com/personal/james_bowdidge_soprasteria_com/Documents/James Bowdidge/Max slot backup/Manifest Max Slots/" and replacing with a blank (whilst the linked file is open) works and the HTTPs bit goes.. but sometimes I do the find and replace and it just immediatly comes back.. I can find no pattern in when or why the sharpoint address appears in the formula...

Any ideas on how to prevent this from happeneing and excel just carry on as if I do not backup to sharepoint? is there a setting somehere to prevent it?

please help!!

thanks

J

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nonnakkong

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back