Links to external workbook not supported but links are not in external workbook

ghrek

Hi

I have a workbook when opening in excel on one drive comes up with" links to external workbook not supported and disabled. " Thing is links are on a separate tab in the same workbook.

Is there anyway I can overcome this as I really want to share file on one drive or sharepoint.

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
You can share them, but you must set the library in question to prefer to open links in desktop Excel rather than in Excel on-line.

Upvote 0
Thanks for that. Thought that was going to be the case. I just had another thought where as I can amend the folder in normal excel before sharing on one drive as the bit that people need to amend does not have the links etc.

Is there anyway that I can get it when the save button is pressed on the file in groups it can copy and paste in the original excel file but only copy from rows R-V and overwriting any data already in there.

Though maybe via power automate as only need to be done once a day if req.

Upvote 0
I thought a different way now. Am I able to save a excel file as normal to a network drive and also save to a sharepoint. I can then get the sharepoint to open as read only.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TS_711

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back